Friday, August 22, 2008

Back home again

Being back home isn't quite so different as I thought it'd be. For one thing, I'm still cooking with fresh garden vegetables: my mom and I just made some amazing bruschetta with some basil and ripe tomatoes from her garden.



And here we are: my mother/cooking mentor and myself just about to dig into our meal.


For another thing, if I get a toothache I can still harvest some toothache medicine (echinacea, or purple coneflower) since my mom has it planted in her wildflower garden.


And yes I have tried it out, a couple of weeks into my stay at Mike's house near Wounded Knee. Allison and I had gathered a bunch of roots, washed them and dried them, and I was curious exactly how it would numb my mouth if I tried chewing on the root. Mike later told me I probably took about four times as much as I should have, so the result was a bit interesting:

No comments: